In Science at Parkgate we...
- encourage children to initiate their own learning through relevant first-hand experiences
- provide children will learning experiences that are interesting and engaging and seen as relevant to their lives
- urge children to observe, question, test and investigate scientific ideas in order to deepen their understanding of the world around them
- develop the ability to reason, predict, think logically and to work systematically and accurately and to communicate scientifically;
- show pupils how scientific ideas contribute to technological change and how this impacts on improving the quality of our everyday lives
- ignite scientific curiosity and fascination
- develop science skills, knowledge and understanding through a themed curriculum in a progressive way
- actively engage in the seeing, and doing and understanding of science
- learn through discovery
- challenge and stimulating children with a fun and problem solving approach to science
- enabe children to make appropriate decisions and to think as scientists
using a range of quality science resources both in and out of the school environment.